Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Forest Grove Farmer's Market

I checked out the Forest Grove Farmer’s Market today. It is cute. We were greeted by two young boys playing acoustic guitars to people sitting at small café tables on the right and to the left was a very friendly man selling smoked salmon. Columbia River Smoked Salmon “Chief Salmon Snacks”. I tried some of his product. It was delicious. It was not what we had in mind for dinner but next week I plan on picking up a few fresh catches from him to cook on a cedar plank with lemon, salt and pepper.



As we moved down the line we saw so many fruits and vegetables. I picked up some fresh local grown peaches for some cobbler (made Southern style) no foo foo crisp here, some squashes, onions, garlic, honey and eggs.


My favorite squash is Patty Pan squash. I combined this with a smidge of salted butter, extra virgin olive oil, zucchini, summer squash, portabella mushrooms, onion, roasted red peppers, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and old bay. I am a east coaster by nature. Old bay should go on everything in my opinion. I steamed the veggies so they were soft with a little bit of crisp to them still then put them on a whole grain wrap with provolone cheese. Tomorrow I will use up more of the ingredients with zucchini and that peach cobbler I was talking about.




They guy who sold the honey thought I was silly when I asked for his most spicy honey but some honey is more spicy then others in my opinion. Mmmmm spicy honey!

I really enjoy getting out and seeing people from the area. I love at farmers markets there are always dogs, great smells and music. I plan on hitting the markets at Hillsboro witch is a little bigger and may have a bit more to offer. Supporting the local farmers is a great thing and everything tastes amazing.

These eggs are from My Little Sister's Farm

I ended my night with some cheep extra dry champagne and lemon juice. It reminds me of a whisky sour with bubbles. Yall take care and I hope to see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment